During the dayhttp://www.aresoncpa.com dogs lead an active lifestyle: they playhttp://www.aresoncpa.com run around at homehttp://www.aresoncpa.com go for walkshttp://www.aresoncpa.com and then they sleep. Dogs sleep more than humans. Adult dogs sleep for 12-14 hours a dayhttp://www.aresoncpa.com while puppies sleep about 18-20 hours a day. Neverthelesshttp://www.aresoncpa.com at any agehttp://www.aresoncpa.com a dog may face problems with sleep. In this article we will review the reasons causing insomnia in dogs and how to teach your dog to sleep at night.
To start withhttp://www.aresoncpa.com you need to create a dedicated place for your dog to rest and sleep. A couchhttp://www.aresoncpa.com a blankethttp://www.aresoncpa.com a cagehttp://www.aresoncpa.com a dog cage cover and other accessories will help to create a comfortable place for the pet.
What are the causes of insomnia?
- Stress of moving — moving houses can negatively affect the dog’s sleep. Usually the adaptation takes about a weekhttp://www.aresoncpa.com then the puppy gets used to it and sleep returns to normal.
- Inactive dogs — the lack of physical activity can also cause insomnia. In this casehttp://www.aresoncpa.com the pet does not have the opportunity to release the accumulated energyhttp://www.aresoncpa.com which will also hinder quality sleep.
- Health problems — the cause of insomnia can be various ailments. If your dog whineshttp://www.aresoncpa.com sleeps poorly or has other symptomshttp://www.aresoncpa.com this is a reason to contact a veterinarianhttp://www.aresoncpa.com as the cause of insomnia may lie in health problems.
- Temperature — if the room is too hot or too coldhttp://www.aresoncpa.com it can also interfere with your pet’s sleep.
- Hunger — if the feeding regime is incorrecthttp://www.aresoncpa.com the puppy may have problems sleeping. They can wake up at night from hunger.
How to teach a puppy to sleep at night?
- Organize a physical activity for the doghttp://www.aresoncpa.com so that by the evening the dog will be tiredhttp://www.aresoncpa.com which will make it much easier for them to fall asleep.
- Do not play active games right before bedtime — this can over excite the dog’s nervous system and provoke insomnia.
- Feed your pet about 3 hours before bedtime. If you feed them laterhttp://www.aresoncpa.com then while sleepinghttp://www.aresoncpa.com the dog may wake up because they need to go to the bathroom.
- Organize a cozy corner for the dog. You can buy a cage and equip it with a cage coverhttp://www.aresoncpa.com a cushionhttp://www.aresoncpa.com a bumper and your dog’s favorite toys.
You can buy all the necessary accessories for your dog on sainternie.com. In the catalog you will find dog bedshttp://www.aresoncpa.com cage covershttp://www.aresoncpa.com blankets for dogshttp://www.aresoncpa.com bumpershttp://www.aresoncpa.com and many other products. Saint Ernie accessories are handmade of high-quality fabrics in compliance with all standards. They are stylish and will fit neatly into any home interior.