Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is a form of therapy that is important in helping women deal with menopausal symptoms. HRT works by balancing the levels of oestrogen and progesterone around the time women reach menopause. Some types of the therapy contain both oestrogen and progesterone, while some only contain oestrogen. In a few cases, testosterone may also be used.
Some facts about Hormonal Replacement Therapy
There are some few things about the therapy that you should know before delving right into the benefits of treatment. Some of the key facts are:
- Any woman who opts for HRT should ensure that she first seeks professional advice from a physician who is well acquainted with her medical history.
- The therapy can effectively reduce any risk of osteoporosis as well as the incidence and severity of hot flashes.
- It is quite an efficient method of relieving symptoms of menopause and perimenopause.
- It has the ability to keep your skin looking young. However, in doing so, it does not delay or reverse the possible effects of ageing.
- Some studies link it to certain cancers, but the increased risk is small and the benefits typically outweigh the risks.
Who should not use Hormonal …Read more